Need a diary to keep track of your dates in the New Year? Janet Thompsett has some U3A diaries available for only £2.50 each. Contact Janet to buy now while stocks last.
9. fireworks 10. arena 11. rockets 12. treason 13. pills 14. gunpowder 16. tresses 18. penguin 20. betraying 22. sissy 23. non-skid 25. bonfire 27. eagle 28. Guy Fawkes
1. afar 2. prickliest 3. sweets 4. presages 5. a sit-in 6. came down 7. pets 8. tanner 13. pat 17. sparkler 18. page boys
19. nay 20. banger 21. indigo 22. Sunday 24. nigh 26. east
Just to let you know that the new address for the Third Age Trust will be 52 Lant Street, London, SE1 1RB.
The telephone number 020 8466 6139 is unchanged.
Following our annual walking break last September to Fairford in the Cotswolds when Cirencester U3A walking group led our walks, we were able to reciprocate when they made a return visit in early September this year.
The walks we had planned all started and finished at places of interest – Chartwell, Penshurst, and Ightham Mote. In addition to having time to visit these houses the group was able to enjoy the picturesque hamlet of French Street, Westerham, Penshurst Park, a river walk, Igtham Mote and the Fairlawn Estate.
Their base for the duration of the holiday was the Rose and Crown in Tonbridge where the walk leaders joined the Cirencester group for Dinner one evening.
They were led by Pembury walking group leaders and the walks were open to any other members of the Pembury groups who wished to come along.
Pauline Hawker organised the exchange and as we have come to expect, “everything ran like clockwork”.
Please note that the U3A legal helpline will no longer be available after 30th September 2017.
Guided tours of the wartime tunnels and free time to visit the castle. £11
The Third Age Trust Conference and AGM is to be held on 29-31st August at the East Midlands Conference Centre in Nottingham. Read on for further details.
1. faux pas 5. beheads 9. overact 10. tadpole 11. sceptic 13. elector 14. bees 15. six-footers 18. diplomatic 20. plea 22. thermal 23. saffron 26. account 27. swallow 28. sadness 29. nitwits
1. frogs 2. ukelele (alternative spelling) 3. plant 5. butterflies 6. hedgehog 7. apostle 8. spear 12. china plates 16 & 14. seabed 17. dormouse 19. pierced 21. Lorelei 22. toads 25. newts 27 & 4. sunset (apologies: the clue for this was cut off in some versions)
6. TENDENCY 8. DECADE 11. EATEN 12. ONION SOUP 13. P.R. DISASTER 14. CAIN 15. ENTENTE CORDIALE 18. FINE 19. SCHOLASTIC 22. HALF A YEAR 23. LENTO 24. DOLMEN 25. ADD TEN ON
- ATTEMPTED FRAUD 2. UNITED 3. TENNYSON 4. TERNS 5. PANORAMA 7. CROSS-BENCHER 9. EXPENSE ACCOUNT 10. TIME-HONOURED 16. TENTACLE 17. DRAW LOTS 20. TENANT 21. OFTEN
Further details are available from the document linked here 10 years of Patchwork & Quilting