9. elaborate 10. naïve 11. talking 12. tempest 13. is the 14. tie and dye 16. languor 18. macabre 20. disgusted 22. final 23. galleon 25. cagoule 27. eagle 28. lengthens
1. best 2. hailstones 3. mobile 4. laughter 5. beetle 6. mnemonic 7. fine 8. kettle 13. ill 15. debentures 17. ukuleles 18. medicine 19. eel 20. dagger 21. tangle 22. fights 24. logo 25. easy
Click on the link below to view or download the latest regional newsletter.
SERST Newsletter V6
Our Vice-Chairman Chris Rock has organised a Facebook Group for Pembury U3A members. This group has been set up to enable members to stay in touch during the current restrictions. You can apply to join the group by clicking this link
For those of you who use Facebook. Here is a link to a U3A keeping-in-touch group.
Members may also wish to sign up for the regular U3A newsletter and you can do this by going to the U3A site at u3a.org.uk and clicking on the Newsletter tab.
The Third Age Trust have published some further information for guidance of members and will update this regularly.
The link to the relevant page is https://www.u3a .org.uk/covid-19-coronavirus
The Theatre Group have obtained tickets to see The Prince of Egypt matinee at the Dominion Theatre on 10th September 2020.
The tickets cost £32.50 each.
If you are interested in joining this trip please contact one of the Theatre Group Leaders, Valerie Marianni, Bev Hougham or Sylvia Russell.
The Third Age Trust have issued some further updated advice and have asked us to circulate this to U3A members. The pdf document can be viewed or downloaded from here.
Pictures of Australia on fire and of unprecedented flooding in England have brought home the need to take notice of:
- What’s going on – locally, nationally, globally
- How can we help – personally or communally?
- Who can help us to help?
The U3A has a growing Environmental Awareness on line network, with some 40 groups around the country. Few are in Kent, but coincidentally a group is also forming in Paddock Wood U3A. Contact has been established and both groups are open to sharing ideas and resources.
In fact, linking up with others (networking) is key to responding to the challenges we face and this struggle should not be left to Greta Thunberg or Extinction Rebellion and certainly not to our own grandchildren.
What will it take? What can we do? Well….lets find out! It will mean research (some on-line), with a willingness for individuals to contribute and share information informally. One U3A group has identified over 80 solutions/mitigations. It is intended that the Pembury U3A Climate Crisis Awareness Group will be closely aligned to the Science and Technology group.
Does anyone have (or know of anyone who has) expertise in this area of knowledge – we are on the lookout for speakers. Tunbridge Wells Borough Council are supposed to have set up a climate change task force to investigate and make recommendations but no word has yet been forthcoming.
If you are interested in joining the Pembury U3A Climate Crisis Awareness Group and you are a U3A member please contact me John Hawker (contact details from Jane Gardner).
7. pinetum 8. thought 9.bay 10. skip 13. pressed 14. ravage 15.melee 16. anno 19. nomadic 21. pumps 22. teacake 24. enjoy 26. copper beech 27. ash
1. cicada 2. yew 3. amok 4. stipple 5. box 6. ageism 10. seem 11. editors 12. manuka 14. rowan 16. aspen 17. hickory 18. apogee 20. ocelot 23. cape 24. echo 25. oast